Section Details / Procedures
Email list summary
News, calls, etc
Stuff You Need To Know
Flasher & Poetry Sundays
Schedule & tutorials
The Art of Critiquing
The dos and don'ts
How To Unsubscribe
Manage Your ERWA Mail
Overwhelmed? Try filtering
Circle of Friends
Who we are & what we do
Help Support ERWA
Visit our sponsors
what the Parlor list is, and how to participate
1) What is Parlor?
2) Getting Started
3) Reply & Subject Line Information
1) WHAT IS PARLOR?
Parlor is an open forum with a social ambiance. Discussions reach far and wide, often relates to current events, attitudes, opinions, personal issues and other topics. We encourage book, movie, music, and sex toy reviews. In other words anything goes, except hate mongering and soliciting.
Please Note: Soliciting/advertising is not allowed on
ERWA— yes, that includes promoting website/blog updates, and marketing book sales.
Please make note of the following, and know that solicitors will be
- Images are not allowed. We don't have anything
against them - it's just that they take up space, and we pay for the mailing
lists by the amount of space we use. You can send links to images if you like.
- All offers, guidelines, and events must first be cleared with Bob before posting to the list.
- Feel free to brag about successes (we love that!), but don't solicit sales. Not sure of the difference?
- Example of bragging: ''I'm over the moon excited that <publisher> accepted my manuscript <title>. I'm a bit nervous about getting all the edits done in time for the <date> release.."
- Example of soliciting/marketing: "My book is on sale now at <name or URL>..."; "My book is available in print and ebook formats..."; "My new novel <book blurb>, appealing to men & women..." Or any other variation of marketing schemes.
- Consider your signature. Keep in mind your email is a professional statement, not a billboard for bios or extensive lists of published titles. Signatures are restricted to a max of 4 short lines.
2) GETTING STARTED:
FILL OUT THIS FORM TO SUBSCRIBE TO PARLOR:
We enjoy hearing from new subscribers. Although this is not a
requirement, please consider introducing yourself. Introductions help create a
friendly on-line atmosphere for ERWA members.
3) REPLY & SUBJECT LINE INFO
In the interest of creating order among the merry chaos, and to
help those who are using email filters, please pay attention to the Subject line, be sure it
reflects your post. Era-parlor will automatically appear in the Subject line, it's up to subscribers to
supply topic information that reflects their post.
- When replying to a post check the Subject line, ask yourself if it's the correct Subject line for your post. If it's not, fix it.
- When replying, delete as much of the original message as
possible, leaving only enough to reflect what you're replying to.
E-mail this page
Copyright 1996 and on, Erotica Readers Association, Inc.
All Rights Reserved World Wide. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or
medium without express written permission is prohibited.