Section Details / Procedures
Email list summary
News, calls, etc
Stuff You Need To Know
Flasher & Poetry Sundays
Schedule & tutorials
The Art of Critiquing
The dos and don'ts
How To Unsubscribe
Manage Your ERWA Mail
Overwhelmed? Try filtering
Circle of Friends
Who we are & what we do
Help Support ERWA
Visit our sponsors
ERWA Email List Overview
What ERWA list is, how it works, and how to participate
1) GETTING STARTED
ERA-ADMIN: This is an announcement-only list. We will post live chats, event alerts, and other items of interest to ERWA list subscribers, including up-to-date calls for submissions as soon as they are released by publishers/editors to this list, so if you are interested in those, please sign up for this list. It is not a high-traffic list.
ERA-NEWS: This is an announcement-only list that currently goes out once per quarter with our newsletter, The Erotic Lure. The Erotica Readers & Writers Association (ERWA) newsletter, Erotic Lure, is a quarterly email announcement of new content in various sections of our website. We'll point you to what's new, what's cool, and what's important in each new edition of ERWA: new erotica books, current author information, call for submissions, original fiction and poetry, sex and relationship issues and more.
ERA-PARLOR: This is ERWA's main discussion list. This is an open-forum sort of list where we can chat about anything. Come join in the lively discussion!
ERA-WRITERS: This list is for discussion geared specifically toward erotica writers, including craft, marketing, submissions, publishing, etc.
ERA-STORYTIME: This list is very specifically geared toward writing craft and critique. It is a sort of informal workshop and has very specific rules (we've developed them over time and they're in place to make everything work well!) so please read the rules before you post. If you submit something to Storytime, your work may be chosen to be featured in the Gallery. You may also be selected to be in one of our upcoming ERWA anthologies. All Gallery features are also cross-posted to Selena Kitt's personal email list of over 35,000 members.
The detailed information provided in the links to the left of the screen will help you decide what sections you want to join, how to participate, how to manage ERWA email, how to unsubscribe, and other important info.
Parlor, Storytime, and Writers offer a digest feature; daily composite emails of the day's activity. Keep in mind you can subscribe to any combination of sections. For example subscribers can select Storytime as individual posts, and Parlor in digest form.
If you want to join any of the sections mentioned above, you can fill out the form below.
NOTE: An email will be sent to you with a link to CONFIRM. In order to be subscribed you MUST CONFIRM.
Special Request: Help keep ERWA alive and kicking (and free for everyone) by doing your online shopping for books, movies, sex toys, software, etc., via ERWA affiliate links. Links are scattered throughout ERWA website. However, click here for a list of links to our affiliates so you don't need to go to the site each time you shop. Thank you.
• Consider your signature. Keep in mind your email signature is a professional statement, not a billboard. On ERWA email list, signatures are restricted to a max of 4 short lines.
Long, sprawling signatures that read like marketing billboards screams 'amateur'. Not a good way to promote yourself. Think of it this way: Email signatures are digital forms of dressing for success. If you want to appear as a professional, then write up your signature in a professional manner. Keep it short, smart, and to the point.
• Images are not allowed. We don't have anything against them - it's just that they take up space, and we pay for the mailing lists by the amount of space we use. You can send links to images if you like.
• Soliciting/marketing/advertising is not allowed on — that includes promoting websites/blogs, announcing updates, soliciting website/blog traffic and content, newsletter signups, marketing book sales, and so on. Offenders will be immediately unsubscribed. Feel free to brag about successes (we love that!) but don't solicit sales. Not sure of the difference?
• When replying to a list email, please delete as much of the original message as possible, leaving only enough to reflect what you're replying to.
• Pay attention to your subject line, be sure it reflects your post.
• Please do not send chainletters, petitions, pet projects, or advertisements of any kind to ERWA's mailing list. Offenders will be unsubscribed.
• Send guidelines, call for submissions, reading events, market information, etc, to Sam for posting to Admin and/or ERWA website.
• Editors/publishers looking for content may NOT approach authors requesting works posted to Storytime. This is a private list, and not a place to troll for content. Our subscribers are not to be solicited. This is a carved in stone rule, no exceptions - period. Offenders will be unsubscribed.
I guarantee you will come across posts that you don't like, feel uncomfortable with, or just plain piss-you-off big time. Feel free to disagree. You're welcome to shoot the message, but not the person who posts it. No personal remarks! You can hate the words and disagree with every ounce of your soul, but you can't attack the person. Make sure you are getting your point across without rancor. The tone can override the point. A nasty or bitter post will put people on the defensive and effectively cut off constructive or interesting exchange of ideas.
Courtesy among subscriber is important. Intentional abusive reactions from people who can't or won't tolerate others' point of view have no place on this list and will be removed. Simply put, ERWA will not tolerate subscribers that are rude, crude or judgmental. We will not tolerate subscribers who harass other members onlist or off list.
For our peace of mind, to prevent legal action, and for ethical reasons, it is important that copyright rules are noted and obeyed. This applies to ERWA copyrights, and copyrights everywhere, including all of the Internet.
Everything, and that means every post, every story, every poem, every word that is posted to ERWA is under copyright protection. It is illegal to use anything, in any form, that is posted to ERWA or appears on ERWA's website, without written permission from the author(s). We will not hesitate to prosecute if necessary.
UNSUBSCRIBE FROM ALL EMAIL LISTS
Copyright 1996 and on, Erotica Readers Association, Inc.